Before upgrading any software or application, it’s important to have a good business case study. So before discussing why upgrade, let’s understand limitations of Drupal 7’s default installation:
1. It doesn’t use MVC architecture. Due to this, there are times the developer and designer need to sit together for doing the changes as well as performance of the site is not good as compared to Drupal 8.
2. If we want to export full site configuration then it is not possible in Drupal 7. It is basically used for copying some features of one site to a new site. For example, if we want to use news management feature of one site to another then it is not possible in default installation of Drupal 7.
3. Drupal 7 does not support adaptive behaviour of the image. Because of this, single size of image is displayed for all mobiles, desktop devices. For managing this, we need to install other contributed module which is requires additional effort and hard to manage in Drupal 7.
4. Drupal 7 core is not mobile friendly sites. Because of that, we have to invest extra effort in making the site mobile friendly.
5. Drupal 7 do not provide some modules which are useful for making site multi language.
6. It is also not user friendly for adding the content of the site. So we need to install some extra module for making content user friendly.
7. It dosen’t contain views module. Due to this, we can’t create page easily of news which are listed in http://www.freedomfoundation.com/
8. Drupal 7 views contribute module do not support responsive tables.
For managing these limitation, Drupal 8 have taken into consideration. Drupal 8’s default installation is having the great feature considering the performance. Below are some of the features for managing all types of websites.
cmsMinds is a professional Drupal development company in Raleigh,USA. We’ve worked on simple to complex Drupal projects, upgrading from Drupal 6 and Drupal 7 to Drupal 8. Please let us know how we can add value to your projects.