Keeping your Shopify store up-to-date with the latest features is a great idea. The “new version” adds new and improved features along with bug fixes to enhance the experience.
Here is the guide on how you can update your Shopify store without losing your customizations!
Well, there are two ways to update a shopify theme:
- Using Shopify App
Once you’ve decided which way to choose, you can add an updated version of your theme to your online store easily by following the steps mentioned below:
- Create a backup copy of your existing theme
- Visit the Shopify Theme Store
- Log in using your credentials
- Use the top bar search box to search for your theme
- On the search results page, select your theme.
- Now click on “Add latest theme version” or “Add theme”.
Yes, that’s all you need to do to update your favourite Shopify theme and take your store to the next level. Update to Shopify 2.0 and don’t stop yourself from making more money.
Is there a mandate for Shopify Data Migration ?
No, If you’re happy with the current version of your Shopify store, don’t worry, nothing will happen to your old pages. Your store will continue to work as long as you want. In fact, the best part is you have the option to build new pages with Shopify 2.0 without migrating all of your old pages. However, in this case, you’ll lose out on the new advantages and features Shopify 2.0 offers. So, we’d recommend migrating as soon as possible!
Customising Shopify Themes: Choosing between Shopify CLI and Theme Kit
Honestly, Shopify CLI can replace the Theme Kit for most of your Shopify theme development tasks. So, our advice is to use Shopify CLI if you’re working on Online Store 2.0 themes.
However, we suggest using Theme Kit over Shopify CLI if you’re working on older themes or you have Theme Kit integrated into your existing theme development workflows.
With Theme Kit, you can use your own development tools to interact with the Shopify platform for:
- Using workflow tools like Git to work with a team of theme developers
- Uploading themes to multiple environments
- Watching for local changes and uploading them automatically to Shopify
- Working on Linux, macOS, and Windows
What advantages does Shopify 2.0 offer business owners?
Shopify 2.0 is wholesome and embracing, offering all users new options to create, scale and monetize. It offers a whole host of benefits for store owners. With this, you can:
- Change online store content in a few clicks
- Develop new pages with complex designs, without the help of a developer
- Run your store with greater speed
- Get access to easy to apply theme changes on all pages
- Integrate apps effortlessly
- Modify the checkout section whenever you want
- Facilitate native integration of metafields
- Exponentially grow your network of apps, themes, and services
- Future proof your investment with the new block being available in all stores whenever a developer is hired to create a new section
Summary: Key Benefits of Online Store 2.0
You can enjoy the following benefits by upgrading your store to Shopify 2.0
- Save time: Revised UI and functionality make the system easier to use
- More customization: Custom sections allow more customisation across the site (not just homepage), so merchants can create unique experiences for their customers, and sell more
- Swift Scaling: Easier to scale branded content across your store
- Instant Content Alteration: Quick and easy to upload and amend content via improved metafield functionality
- Super Speed: Quicker to load than before, meaning fewer visitors will leave your site.
Why should you upgrade to Shopify Online Store 2.0?
We all know that the future of commerce relies on creative expression at every touchpoint. Hence, the Online Store 2.0 gives Shopify merchants greater levels of flexibility and customization at every step. From the infrastructure changes to the introduction of new tools, here is the list Shopify Online Store 2.0 majorly focuses on:
- Upgraded theme architecture
- Flexible store content
- Enhancements to the theme editor
- New developer tools
- A new reference theme
So, don’t wait any further to make your store a whole lot better than what it is now! Update today! Need Help? Let us know !!
Are you still confused whether to upgrade to Shopify 2.0 or not? Need to understand pros and cons or need a road map on how to do it. Schedule a 30 min complementary call to take a deep dive.